Legacy Automotive is dedicated to maintaining a clean and sanitary environment for all of our customers and employees. Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are now a Covid Compliant Business, along with other local auto shops. Please read below for the specifications. Thank you for choosing Legacy Automotive in Boulder!
- Implement workplace controls to reduce transmission among employees, such as those described below that are included in CDC’s Interim Guidance for Implementing Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May Have Had Exposure to a Person with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19.
- Employers – Pre-screen (e.g., take temperature and assess symptoms prior to starting work).
- Employers – Disinfect and clean work spaces and equipment, and consider more frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces.
- Employees – Regularly self-monitor (e.g., take temperature and assess symptoms of coronavirus).
- Employees – Wear a mask or face covering – as required by local authorities
- Employees – Practice social distancing and stay at least 6 feet from other people whenever possible.
- Emphasize effective hand hygiene including washing hands for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Always wash hands with soap and water. If soap and water are not readily available, then use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash hands after.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces within the facility including credit card machines, computer keyboards, door handles, display items, and any food/beverage items such as a coffee machine, water dispenser and vending machines by wiping down surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Bathrooms will be monitored for cleanliness on a daily basis including regular wiping down and cleaning of the toilet seat and handle, sink handles, mirrors, trash bins, floors and any other touchable surfaces.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces on and in the vehicle, by wiping down surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or sanitizing wipe.
- Keys for vehicles will be sanitized and then placed in a plastic bag to be given to the customer upon vehicle delivery.
- Vehicle “test drives” will be limited and only done on an as needed basis
- Caution will be taken when interacting with our customers
- A min of 6’ distance will be given at all times – if this cannot be done employee will wear face covering
- Where applicable “barriers” will be placed to avoid human to human contact
- Invoices can be sent electronically upon customer request
U.S. Food and Drug Administration. 2020. Best Practices For Food Retailers During COVID-19 Pandemic. [online] Available at: <https://www.fda.gov/food/food-safety-during-emergencies/best-practices-retail-food-stores-restaurants-and-food-pick-updelivery-services-during-covid-19> [Accessed 24 April 2020].